Moulton Lava

Moultonic Musings

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Outfoxer

Title: Outfoxer
Artist: Moulton
Composer: Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, and Barsoom Tork Associates
Midi: The Boxer

I am just a schmendrick and my story's ne'er been told
I've squandered my repentance for a pocketful of grumbles, such are promises
All lies and jest, still the man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest, hmmmm

When I left my job security, it was no more than a lark
In the company of strangers
In the agora of teh intarwebs, runnin' scared
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters, where anonymous people go
Looking for the places only they would know

Li la li...

Asking only author's credits, I come lookin' for a role, but I get no offers
Just a come-on from admins with meta point of view
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some pot shots there

Now the years are rolling by me, they are rockin' even me
I am wiser than I once was, and dumber than I'll be, that's not unusual
No it isn't strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less inane

Li la li...

And I'm laying out my epitaph, wishing I was gone, goin' strong
Where the New York City lawyer isn't niggling me, teachin' right from wrong

In the docket stands Outfoxer, and a scholar by his trade
And he carries the reminders of every site that laid him down or cut him
'Til he cried out in his anger and his pain
I am leaving, I am leaving, but the scholar still remains
Yes his questions still remain

Li la li...

CopyClef 2008 Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, and Barsoom Tork Associates.
Resurrection Hackware. All wrongs reversed.


"At Resurrection Hackware, our annoying song parodies are your everlasting earworm."


"The Boxer" ~ Simon & Garfunkel at Central Park

1 Comments:

Blogger John Schmidt said...

Apologies to Bill Withers (Lean On Me)
(pronounce "Kww" like "you")

Sometimes in our wikis, we have pain, we have sorrow,
Even if we are banned there's always tomorrow.
Piss on me when you get pissed, I'll carry on.
When I'm banned it won't be long 'til you find somebody else
to piss on.

Please piss on me, if there are rules I don't follow.
The world is watching, so let your anger show.

Just piss on me brother, when you have the upper hand.
I know you need somebody to piss on.
Kww has a problem that I understand.
I know he needs somebody to piss on.

Piss on me when you're strong, then ban me.
I'll get a sock account and carry on,
and just like Kww, it won't be long 'til I'm an admin
and then I'm gonna' need somebody to piss on.

If there is a load you have to bear, just ban me.
I'm on your road, I'll add to your load if you just ban me.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home